About Richie McFarland Children’s Center
The Richie McFarland Children’s Center is an early childhood program whose purpose is to help young children reach their full developmental potential and to support their families through that process.
Our Agency’s Services
We provide developmental and therapy services for children with and without special needs, support and education to their families and guidance in accessing community and health resources.
About the Center
The RMCC was founded in 1971 by a small group of Seacoast parents raising children with special needs. They were determined to create social and therapeutic opportunities for their children that did not exist in the communities in which they lived.
The founding families realized their goal and nearly 40 years later, RMCC remains a vital, community-based organization providing developmental and support services to more than 350 families per year. We continue to provide high quality therapeutic services including speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy and educational therapy.
Today, as it was in the beginning RMCC services are family-centered, teaching and encouraging parents to develop the necessary skills that will best serve their children’s development and supporting them through that process.
In an effort to define the outcomes of our programs, we developed the following “promises”:
- We promise that each child we serve will be given the opportunity to reach his or her developmental potential
- We promise that the families we serve will be stronger. Parents will feel more confident to support their child to take his or her next steps.
- We promise that our services will reduce or eliminate the need for more extensive, expensive education services in the future.
We will keep our promises by:
- Continuing to offer specialized therapies and services.
- Honoring the uniqueness of each child and family.
- Closely monitoring the performance of our programs.
- Partnering with other community agencies to weave a safety net for the most vulnerable families.
- Managing our finances with intelligence and integrity.
Celebrating 40 Years of Sucess: One child and family at a time