For very young children, every area of development is interconnected, from walking to talking, listening to playing. The Richie McFarland Children’s Center utilizes a transdisciplinary team approach to delivering intervention services—we appreciate the “whole child”.
RMCC consists of a well-rounded group of extremely knowledgeable and compassionate specialists. As a group, they have years of experience successfully helping children in the community. All of our therapists have either a Bachelors or Master’s degree, and all maintain New Hampshire licensure and remain current and active within their respective fields.
“Each member of the RMCC team was so friendly and kind. I am impressed with their extensive knowledge in each of their areas of expertise. They presented their ideas and evaluations thoroughly and in a way I was able to understand. Also, they were all so supportive and encouraging.”
Early Childhood Educators
RMCC Early Childhood Special Educators support children by promoting concept development as well as play, attention organizational and social emotional skills. They provide services to children in the home or in RMCC’s therapeutic playgroups.
Occupational THERAPY (OT)
RMCC Occupational Therapists help children gain the functional skills they need for independence in play, feeding, learning, and processing sensory input. They work on vision skills, hand skills, motor planning, and support children’s overall motor development.
Physical THERAPY (PT)
RMCC Physical Therapists help children gain functional motor skills, maximizing independence across all settings. Through fun activities, they promote balance, coordination, strength, and gross motor skill acquisition.
Speech & Language PATHOLOGY (SLP)
RMCC Speech and Language Pathologists work with children who have difficulty with communication, including production of sounds (coordinating the muscles and movements necessary to produce speech), receptive language (understanding what is said), expressive language (using words to convey a message), feeding, and using social communication skills.
Our terrific team is one of the key components to each child’s success at RMCC, and we invite you to meet our current team members:
- Lori A. Carmichael, MS, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Diane DiPalermo, MS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- Ellen Doller, MS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- Kristin Droste, MA, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Sue Ford, M.Ed., Early Childhood Special Educator
- Gerry Henry, MA, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Tracy Martel, BS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- Pamela Miller-Sallet, M.Ed., Early Childhood Special Educator
- Meredith Pool, BS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- Elizabeth Snow, MS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- Meaghan Wood, M.S., CCC/SLP
- Cathy Zocchi, M.Ed., Early Childhood Special Educator
- Erika M. Baril, MA, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Janine Johnson, MS, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist
- Amanda Josiah-Page, MS, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Sheila Mullen, MS, PT, Physical Therapist
- Cherise Tompkins, MS, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Jane Edmiston, MS, CCC/SLP, Speech & Language Pathologist
Looking to join the RMCC family? Please see our list of Open Positions.
In all we do, RMCC promises to treat each child as an individual, to inspire each family member to be a confident caregiver, and to ensure that our services reduce or eliminate the need for more extensive, expensive education services in the future.